|LEGAL & TAX MANAGEMENT ScPRL
Av. Marie-José 108
Tel.: +32 2 672 78 17
Fax: +32 2 672 74 79
CONFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS ON NP0's ISSUES
- Roundtable: Participating as national expert for Belgium to a European tax brainstorming session on cross-border philanthropy taxation in Europe (equivalency test), organized by the European Foundation Center and Transnational Giving Europe, 7th October 2015
- Publication: Updating of the Belgian part of "The Operating Environment for Foundations in Europe 2015" edited by the European Foundation Centre, June 2015
- Workshop "Taxation of Cross-Border Philanthropy in Europe after Persche and Stauffer : From Landlock to Free Movement?" panel member for "Legacies to UK charitable trusts: the question of the legal personality as an element in the comparability test", Organized by the EFC, Brussels, February 13th 2014.
- Publication: co-author of "International Charitable Giving", book published by Oxford University Press, November 2012 (comparative law: chapter on Belgium).
- Publication: co-author "Comparative highlights of foundation laws", edited by the European Foundation Centre, with L. Forrest, for the Belgian part, 2011.
- Conference: panel member for the topic "The impact of the EU law on the taxation of charities and foundations", during the two days congress "European Direct Taxation" organized by the ERA - Academy of European Law in Trier 24-25 November 2010.
- "Cross border giving roundtable", organized by the EAPG (European Association for Philanthropy and Giving): London, April 27 2010: panel member for the Netherlands, Belgium and France.
- Publication: co-author of "Foundations, legal and fiscal environments", edited by the European Foundation Centre: profile for Belgium 2007 and 2008.
- Conference: "Towards a European framework for public benefit foundation" organized by the ERA - Academy of European Law, Brussels September 2006: presentation of "National law under review of the ECJ", analysis and comment on the "H. Persche case".
- "Global Family Wealth Conference incorporating Sweet Charities": two days congress organized by Offshore Investment, London 29th and 30th March 2006 (as panel member presenting: "The European perspective - A Single Market for charities?")
- Conference: "International Philanthropy: Creating the Right Climate" two days congress organized by ECCVAT (European Charities' Committee on VAT) and the EAPG, Brussels 14, 15 September 2005. Presentation of "Friendly and unfriendly cross-border giving countries in Europe".
- Publication: "Tarifs réduits: des modifications insuffisantes aux yeux du droit européen?" in "Le Fiscologue International" n°245, June 2004.
- Conference: "How to improve cross border giving in Europe?" (Double tax treaties and responses from the European authorities), organized by the European Foundation Centre and King Baudouin Foundation, March 22, 2004, Brussels (panel member).
- Conference: "Organismes sans but lucratif et statuts commerciaux - FONDA" organized by FONDA (Forum National des Associations et Fondations) January 15, 2004, Paris: (panel member): comparative analysis (France-UK-Belgium) on the tax issues of NPO's with an economic activity; presentation of the Belgian "Société à finalité sociale"(company with social purpose)
- Conference: Gift and inheritance tax on cross border donations and legacies to charities" organized by the EAPG (European Association for Planned Giving) and the FAIB (Federation of the International Associations established in Belgium) April 15, 2003, Brussels.